Existing Member?

Kimberley Adventure

Purnululu (Bungle Bungle) National Park

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 2 June 2010 | Views [595] | Comments [4]

Have just returned to Kununarra after spending 3 nights in the Bungle Bungle National Park.  This is an awe-inspiring, spectular and most beautiful part of the Kimberley's.  We undertook numerous walks and all were equally amazing - Cathedral Gorge, The Domes, Echnida Chasm.  Oliver and Sienna have got into the rhythm of walking and bound along the tracks full of enthusiasm ready to omit oohs and aahs at the sights discovered.  This world heritage listed National Park has rock creations which are over 500 million years - for all you budding geoligists this is definitely the place for you!

The weather has been spectular and after last Saturdays storm in Kununurra we have lost the humidity out of the air and are even enjoying coolish nights.  This has made a huge difference to being able to actually undertake more strenuous activities past 10.00am in the morning!

Our intentions after visiting the Bungles were to keep heading along Highway number 1 to Broome but decided with this good weather that all the roads leading from the Gibb River Road would be open so we came back to Kununurra with this intention.  We have since found out this is not the case which may change our plans slightly.  We now will head out to El Questro and camp for a few days and explore the sights and gorges it has to offer, and then try for the areas further west, which hopefully will all have access open by then.  We will eventually get to Broome - Im sure!!

Love and hugs

F,O,P & S

XXX

 

Comments

1

One of the best things about plans is that they can be changed. Besides I suspect that unless there is a devastating cyclone, Broome will still be there when you finally get there. I ave read a bit and heard a lot about the Bungle bungles and hope we will get there one day also.
We ran into Tony and Grace in Frankston yesterday morning. They are both looking well. We chatted for about 10 minutes. It was about 9:30 and they already had a trolley full of shopping. They certainly are early birds on their shopping day.
If you are still within internet range later on today or this evening we may try to contact you and have a bit of a chat.

Love Lyn and David

  David. Jun 3, 2010 11:27 AM

2

Hi Fran and fam,
loving the blog - finally got to somewhere with internet connection today, so have been able to catch up on all your updates. It is amazing how plans have to keep changing, we too have had the same experience with roads closed etc. Good to be flexible I guess - and you always end up discovering somewhere else equally wonderful instead. We are now at the Barn Hill Station Stay just outside Broome - having a great time, and will be heading to Broom tomorrow. Hope to catch up with you guys soon
hugs
Leanne

  Leanne Jun 8, 2010 10:39 PM

3

Dear Sienna,

Hello! We hope you are having a lovely time. Thankyou for sending the letter and postcard. Have you been fishing yet?

We miss you,

From the Preppies and Miss Natoli

  Prep KN and Miss Natoli Jun 10, 2010 3:52 PM

4

Paul, The interior of the continent is a great place to remain incognito, but you know leaving these electronic bread crumbs are a sure-fire way to be tracked down!
Seriously though, you need to read some emails and get back to me on new developments of the Ball’s Pyramid project and the proposal draft.

Hope all is going well
Zane and Vio.

P.S. We have the Australian Museum onboard for Ball’s.

  Zane and Violeta Jun 11, 2010 7:10 PM

About fops


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.