Existing Member?

Kimberley Adventure

The Return of "Bear" Papa

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 29 May 2010 | Views [487]

We got a call from Paul on Thursday night to say he had finished his bike ride at 10.00am that morning so unfortunately we missed cheering him in.  All our information indicated that the ride finished on Friday morning.  Nevertheless he received warm and heartful hugs and kisses when we arrived at El Questro on Friday morning to pick him up.  Paul says it was an amazing experience with amazing scenary, hot and arduous riding, and a very sore bottom to finish with.  He put in some amazing days including a 190 km marathon in one day.  The road was mainly corrugations with numerous river crossing, lots of mud but great company and good catering too!  Chris and co also had a great ride and it was great to run into Chris on my way in to pick up Paul.

After much sorting, packing, chatting (Paul), standing around and feeding apples to horses (Francesca, Ol and Sienna), we finally left El Questro and headed back to Kunuarra with a short 4 wheel wally drive on the way.  This involved numerous river crossings much to Sienna and Oliver's delight.  The standard procedure for river crossings is to wind their window down, hang their heads out and yell out what level the water is up to on the side of the car - and lots of excited laughing!

On Sunday we pack up and head to the Bungle Bungles so our updates will be very few and far between until we hit Broome in a couple of weeks.

Until then bye and lots of love,

Francesca, Paul, Ol and Sienna

About fops


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.