Existing Member?

PDTA Journal

week 3- Dar es Salaam

TANZANIA | Friday, 2 April 2010 | Views [459]

Monkey scratching its bits just outside the classroom window...

Monkey scratching its bits just outside the classroom window...

We were a little bit sad leaving Morogoro and the lush Ulunguru mountains on the 25th. We travelled to Dar es Salaam where our second training course was to take place betwwen 29/03 and 2/01. We had forgotten how hot and humid Dar was and re-adjusting to even higher temperatures took a while. Thankfully, the rains have now started here making the whole city cooler and muddier. After a trip to the hospital (another...) where I (Flavie) was diagnosed with stomach ulcers caused by a bad reaction to my previous malaria treatment (sheer bad luck...when will Sunny catch something?), we spent the few days on campus catching up with paper corrections (oh joy!) and, in my case, feeling sorry for myself. We did manage to go to a small craft market on the saturday where we had ice-cream next to the beach and indulge in some shopping. The training course that took place this week (pictures to follow) seems to have been slightly easier (we must be getting good at this!)and students seem to develop an interest in stats (or is that me wishing?). Anyhow, we are getting really excited about our 3 day week end in Zanzibar, where we'll be staying in a coconut-wood bungalow on Kendwa beach, and hopefully spend a few hours in Stone town before taking the ferry back on Monday afternoon. We'll, of course, post some pictures next week to make everyone jealous!

Flavie and Sunny x

 

 

Travel Answers about Tanzania

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.