Existing Member?

Wanderlust We've set up this journal so our friends and family can live vicariously through our insatiable wanderlust.

Hong Kong Phooey

USA | Saturday, 25 October 2008 | Views [340]

Hong Kong is so much like NYC~ one of the most beautiful skylines I've ever seen~ amazing public transportation and fabulous shopping.  That pretty much sums it up~ we did alot of walking around (sightseeing, etc), took the Star Ferry across Victoria Harbour, rode the furnicular (sp?) tram up The Peak, and I never thought I'd say this, but I'm totally over Asian food~ the smell of chile sauce makes me sick at this point.  I actually had to eat at McDonalds for lunch one day.  Patrick thinks I'm insane, hahah!

We arrived back in the states yesterday afternoon~ left HK at 4:40pm on the 24th and arrived in SF at 1:30 pm on the 24th.  I'd like to go back in time every few months if wrinkles in time erase facial wrinkles, ha!  The flight was 3 hours shorter on the way home, but had 3 times as much turbulence~ I've never experienced it so badly~ was like a roller coaster for about an hour and we didn't sleep at all.  We're at the Embassy Suites, now, in SF~ it's 4:30am and I can't sleep because we went to bed as soon as we checked in yesterday and now I'm wide awake.  The pool opens at 5am and it's indoors and heated so I think I'll take advantage of that.  We're due to pick up a rental car at the SF airport at noon and then the plan is to drive up or down (or both) the coast for the next 2 days and then fly back to B-more.  We don't have a return flight booked yet because I've been waiting for my Southwest credit to show up on my account (to book a free flight), but it's not shown up yet.  Nothing like flying by the seat of your pants.  We might have to stay here longer.. boy would I hate that (insert sarcastic sneer).  Seriously, as much as I miss my routine of working and catching up on the latest work related gossip, I think I could just as easily continue to travel like a hobo for awhile~ we've met so many people that just move from place to place like eels~ swimming through life without a care and nothing more than a backpack.  Ok Ok, I know it's not realistic (for me personally) but the next trip we take will be an *Around the world* where you pay a flat fee for the plane tickets and choose up to 7 ( think it's 7, maybe 6) destinations and take as much time as you want.  I'd love to do about 6 weeks and do Europe and some of the Mediterranean and India, etc... mmm indian food.. yummy.

Miss you all.  Photos will be posted within a few days of our return. xoxo,

Beth & Patrick

About fishpaw


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.