Existing Member?

'Cos we're leaving on a jet plane ASIA ... ready or not, here we COME!

Sa-wa dee from Bangkok!

THAILAND | Tuesday, 8 January 2008 | Views [989] | Comments [2]

The clock is a ticking! I have 15 minutes to type this blog.... =) Greetings from the hot and humid... land of smiles, Bangkok, Thailand! Felix and I are now on the 6th leg of our trip, and getting used to travelling with all our belongings on our back again. This leg will be about 2 months, and will include Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia! I am mentally preparing myself for living outside of my comfort zone, and as you may know... I love COMFORT! If anyone is thinking about escaping the cold in the North... you can still come and meet us!

We have been in Bangkok in transit for 2 days, and are off to Hanoi, Vietnam, this evening! I am super excited about visiting Vietnam, and my good friends Lauranna, Sumit, and Minh have spoken very highly of this place! As some of you may know... I love my Pho, and plan to seriously indulge! Hail all to the Buddha Belly!

Bangkok as usual as been crazy! This trip round we have stayed at Kao San Rd, in a tiny little guest house. Believe it our not I am actually getting used to using communal showers! Yeah! 10 points for me!

We revisted Wat Phra and the Grand Palace, and this time round, we had beautiful weather! It's a gorgeous temple... and we also visited the reclining Buddha, Wat Po. Felix and I visited these sites last April, but it still has not lost its magic. The recling buddha is huge! Hopefully we will be able to upload some pics at our next stop!

To my T.O girls... we missed out last time! This trip round we visited the absolute BEST night bazaar ever! Its called Suan Lum Nigh Market, and it puts HK's Woman's market to shame. I was so upset that my bag could only hold so much! (You can bet, that when we come back to Bangkok, I will be getting rid of a lot of stuff!) It has everything, and the best thing is that it puts a contemporary spin, on the normal tourist souvenirs!

No trip to Bangkok is complete without visiting MBK, and the Siam Trio! =) I still think Siam Paragon's food court is one of the best establishments I have eaten at.. and the best thing is it only cost $3 for a full meal!!

Anyways... gotta sign off... have a bus to catch. We are OUTS! Peace!

Tags: Adventures

Comments

1

have fun with the next two months, it is funny how quickly we can lower our standards based on our living conditions. but don't forget to wear ur flip-flops in the showers! and i always recommend wearing three condoms at all times, safety first i always say!

  King Jan 10, 2008 10:54 AM

2

GL on your 2-month trip. Hopefully we can meet up again on your return to HK!

btw...is there a way to see the blogs in chronilogical (spell?!) order??

  Fred Jan 25, 2008 8:42 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.