Existing Member?

On the road again

Day 180: Hungover honcho

MONGOLIA | Thursday, 14 July 2016 | Views [162]

Nursing hangovers we boarded the bouncy bus at the agreed time of 7:30am...but Dave our honcho was m.i.a. After Toggo the driver made the call, he comes walking down the road in the same clothes as last night, so needless to say he deserved a slow clap for his walk of shame. On the platform bound for China we were all a little sad to leave, we had a lot of fun over the 4 days with Dave and we'd all liked Mongolia. But China and our new honcho awaited our arrival so got on our last train of the trip. A drizzly ride through open plains and the Gobi desert. Most of us slept all day, these passed 3 weeks have been non-stop and the alcohol last night may have had something to do with it. Mongolian/China boarder stops...we were used to the drill by now and had pee'd in advance - did I tell you they shut the toilets the whole time, even if it's a 4 hour stop!? And we couldn't get off this time. Here they lift each carriage individually and change the wheels...any train buff would love this part, we had a good view looking out the back doors.

About excellentadventure


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Mongolia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.