Existing Member?

On the road again

Day 179: New York nomads

MONGOLIA | Wednesday, 13 July 2016 | Views [188]

On our way out of the valley we visited a nomadic family and although they (might) move four times a year (to classify as nomadic...moving with the seasons, so their herd can eat fresh grass and they can shelter from the winds in winter) they were living with modern luxuries  such as a fridge, phones and cars. It was sort of like popping into nan's for a cup of tea...just with goats cheese and curd instead of tea and biscuits. Kicked the soccer ball around with the grandson, who we thought was a girl, only stayed for about 20mins. We all agreed that it probably wasn't the most authentic cultural experience we'd had hahahaa. Back to the city in the bouncy bus then most of the group went to see the traditional singing show, mike worked and I caught up on sleep. We met up with the gang at the Beer House. We found out that Toby and Nikki had indeed shared a romantic kiss last night..summer lovin. Shared a few drinks then they wanted to check out Mint Nightclub, ahh it was like being 18 again: we went early to get in for free (blue wrist band included), then ended up leaving because there was no one there and turns out it doesn't "kick off" till midnight (just in time to kick off my slumber) and headed to a roof top bar called New York, New York. This place was far better and had 3 litre beer dispenses for the table. Good times.

About excellentadventure


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Mongolia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.