Existing Member?

On the road again

Day 86 v2: Bum slide

BRAZIL | Thursday, 21 April 2016 | Views [395] | Comments [1]

Takin' it easy...had some breakfast, jumped on the computer, chatted with Evaraldo then headed out to find this slide we'd heard so much about. It was about a 40min walk just out of town on a nice trail through the bush. Because of the geological make up of the rocks they are layered slabs, so when they fall, they tilt at angles against the hills...which in this case is perfect if you also have a river running over the top. It was wet enough and slippery enough to slide down without axing yourself. It's super fun when everyone got involved and some even went the belly technique. We went on our butts and because we lack a little brazilian ghetto bootie, after the fifth go my ass was worn out because it was bone on rock, so I had to stop. Everyone's face was the same - a combo of 'I am loving this, but it still hurts a bit' (Zoom in on today's POD hahaha). It was a delightful water hole surrounded by rocks and we sat around sunbaking and reading for most of the day there. Checked out a trendy place called Bodega for a good meal - can recommend the lemon chicken with gorgonzola/apple risotto....awesome.

Comments

1

Looks like a lot of fun. You should have borrowed some of my padding. Glad you are still enjoying yourselves.

  Elly Apr 23, 2016 7:04 PM

About excellentadventure


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Brazil

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.