Existing Member?

On the road again

Day 77: Monkey Mango

COSTA RICA | Monday, 23 February 2015 | Views [239] | Comments [1]

When you wake up only to discover a monkey has stolen your mango, you know your day's bound to get worse...We walked towards the estuary and boarded a local boat to the Tamarindo side. Unfortuanunately old mate Canada hitched our ride and Mike witnessed what I had put up with in the surf. Friendly but a huge complainer and socially unaware of how a conversation wraps up and people go their separate ways. We pretty much had to turn and run to shake him ha ha. Rented a sweet little 125cc bike and headed for Playa Flamingo. Wonderful views of the coast line as we wound our way up dirt roads and in tiny streets. Headed for lunch at the Beach House when things got monkey bad. A car turned in front of us and Mike slammed on the breaks only to end up on the road sliding towards the car. Me and the bike fell on top of him and he dislocated his knee. The rest is a little devestating actually...we finally went to bed at 4am. I'm glad I get to stay in Mike's room.

Comments

1

Ouch

  Ang Mar 3, 2015 10:06 PM

About excellentadventure


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Costa Rica

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.