Existing Member?

My Travel Adventures

Hue (pronounced ‘hway’)

VIETNAM | Friday, 23 January 2015 | Views [255]

So the Reunification Express train - great cabins, beds were a good size and toilets not that bad. We thought it was great when we got on - until of course the first mouse was spotted!! Throughout the night a team of mice caused havoc throughout the cabins. Our downfall? Visiting the local market before the train and thinking it was a great idea to take a picnic onboard. With two night trains to go we are definitely going to have to think about some mice deterrent methods. Not sure how effectively it would work though - the mice seem to have their system down pat.

Despite the terror ridden night we all arrived in Hue safe but tired.

We only spent one night in Hue but packed it in. During the day we hired drivers to take us around on the back of their scooters which was one of the funnest things I have done whilst travelling! Driving through the town (while not as busy as Hanoi) was certainly an experience. With almost no rules, especially at roundabouts, we definitely had to put our trust in our drivers to get us through the chaotic traffic unscathed. But it was okay - our guide assured us most of the drivers had their licence.

Dinner was enjoyed at another local restaurant where we could eat outside and the biggest bottled beer I have ever seen was under $1.50. We then partied it up at a local nightclub where $4 cocktails were 2 for 1. It is going to be very hard coming back to Australian prices!

Next stop: Hoi An which is known for its shopping! Yes please!

About etak91


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.