Existing Member?

My Travel Adventures

The Cyclades & the Acropolis.

GREECE | Thursday, 17 October 2013 | Views [235]

Spending ten nights in Greece was definitely a highlight of my trip! Ios with its beautiful beach, Santorini with its stunning views, Crete with its turquoise water & Athens with its ancient ruins. All so very different it's hard to pick a favourite place. Just weeks out of peak season Ios was practically deserted. This just meant we had the beach to ourselves and our beers were brought over faster! Santorini, the must see of the Greek islands, only disappointed on the lack of blue roofs. It provided a stunning sunset, lots of donkeys and many windy cliff top lanes filled with souvenir shops. Unfortunately, only spending one night was definitely not enough. Oh well, guess that just means I'll have to visit again in the cute to explore the rest of the island! The town of Agios Nikolaos in Crete was a huge surprise! The most beautiful blue water I have ever seen, delicious restaurants, cheap wine, nibbling fish and amazing shops (too bad I couldn't buy much). Three days of relax was divine! And I got to have a cheap but delicious peppercorn steak! Finally!! Heading back to the mainland was like stepping into a different country. Completely different feel to the islands and not in a good way unfortunately. However, the Acropolis is definitely worth seeing and hearing about Ancient Greek history will always be extremely interesting. 

 
Sadly the end of Greece was time to say goodbye to Sam as well! It was an amazing 5weeks!
 

About etak91


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Greece

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.