Existing Member?

My Travel Adventures

Italian bruschetta & wine

ITALY | Sunday, 6 October 2013 | Views [216]

A week in Italy had it all - wine, food, ruins, scary cliff top roads.

 
The first few nights was spent in Rome with Sam rediscovering this ancient city. We drank on the Spanish steps, visited the Colosseum, discovered Italian wine, devoured bruschetta, people watched and souvenir shopped. Oh what else... Hmm... That's right! We saw the Pope at the Vatican and was waved at by the Prime Minister! Completely unplanned for but isn't that the beauty of travelling? Randomly stumbling across amazing sights and people. 
 
Next on the Italian agenda was catching up with Dad and heading to Sorrento. Despite a few bumps in finding accommodation we found this town quite charming and lively. A day trip to Pompeii (in the pouring rain no less) was so interesting! The ruins of a 2,000 year old town devastated by a volcanic eruption provided great insight into the operations of an ancient city. The next day involved a drive along the Amalfi coast. Lets just say, I'm very thankful to be alive right now to write this post. I'm pretty sure that windy, narrow cliff top road and dad's (over?)confidence added years to all our lives. However, despite the numerous close calls it was next to impossible not to enjoy the scenery. Absolutely incredible! That drive is definitely once in a life time!

About etak91


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.