Existing Member?

My Travel Adventures

OKTOBERFEST! OKTOBERFEST! OKTOBERFEST!

GERMANY | Monday, 30 September 2013 | Views [264]

Does anymore need to be said?

 
Day 1 was a Saturday and it was busy! We had no chance of getting into a beer tent but had fun watching all the drunk people vomiting, stumbling, crying and passed out on 'hammered hill'. We ended up in the Viktualienmarkt beer garden in central Munich drinking with a group of Danish guys dressed in Lederhosen. After delicious roast pork, good beer and funny company Sam and I decided to call it an early night in preparation for the next day.
 
After numerous people telling us we need to be at the tents at 630am to guarantee a spot at a table we thought 'hmm nahhh'. We strolled into the Augustiner tent at 1030, got a brilliant table and started on our first stein. We drank the day away with 4 steins, a roast chicken and a group of local Bavarians. Of course, after 4 litres of beer our intelligent drunk selves thought it was a brilliant idea to go on giant drop type ride and a huge spinny one. Thankfully we only ended up on 'hammered hill' to eat our massive bratwurst at the end of the night.
 
Barely a hangover the next day thanks to the deliciousness that is Augustiner beer. An amazing time at Oktoberfest - expensive as hell but so worth it!!!
 
PROST!

About etak91


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.