Existing Member?

My Travel Adventures

Crowded Catalonia

SPAIN | Friday, 27 September 2013 | Views [248]

So imagine our surprise when we cruise into Barcelona further practising our Spanish only to find out that they don't use Spanish at all. Catalan is the language used and is a mix of Portuguese, Italian & French! And they replied rudely in English whenever we attempted Spanish! This is due to the fact that they want to be their own country separate from Spain.

 
Being the week of the annual festival of Catalonia the crowds were ridiculous! Overall I must say my favourite place was Madrid in Spain. However, my two favourite things we did in Spain were in Barcelona!
 
#1. Watching Barcelona FC play! The best team in the world! We were so close to the goals and saw 4 goals at our end! Including the best player in the world scoring with a header! Atmosphere was absolutely incredible!
 
#2. Discovering the works of the architect Gaudi. His eccentric designs are definitely a sight to see. His masterpiece, the Sagrada Familia, was absolutely incredible! Even though he is long dead, this basilica is not due to be finished until 2030!

About etak91


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.