Existing Member?

My Travel Adventures

Hola, Madrid!

SPAIN | Monday, 23 September 2013 | Views [256]

Ah finally some sunshine and hot weather! Madrid was a huge surprise. After a huge build up it didn't disappoint! Wandering the streets, eating tapas, drinking sangria and soaking up some Spanish were definitely highlights.

 
Our favourite place was a small local deli with a bar and a ham cutting expert! Beers were super cheap and served with a free tapa of bread and salami. What more could you want! Woolies could definitely learn a thing or two!
 
One big night out started out with watching a knife be pulled out during a fight, included a shit load of shit tapas (what else would you get on a cheap tour) and ended with mojitos and tequila! All in all it was a fairly interesting night!
 
Our last night was spent taking our naive selves to the bullfighting! It wasn't until we were actually in the process of booking our tickets that we realised the bulls are actually killed. Alas, we figured it was traditional a Spanish and a sight to see. It was still a completely shocking sight. Not an experience I regret doing but neither is it one I will be rushing to see again!
 
On the bus to Barcelona now! Beyond excited! 

About etak91


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.