Existing Member?

It's already tomorrow in Australia... Carry On Backpacking

The Beach

THAILAND | Saturday, 13 October 2007 | Views [507] | Comments [5]

After many recommendations and not a lot of thought at all we decided on Koh Chang as our island of choice. We plumped for it for a couple of reasons. The first being how easy it is to get here and the second is the elephants. Chang means elephant in Thai, and the island is called that for the shape of it. They also have brought elephants here so silly tourists like us can ride them.

We're on the south side of the island, which is living up to its promise as the quiet bit. We're on Bailan beach which is a no elephant town. Some beach front bungalows, a couple of places where I can stuff my face with banana pancakes and pad thai, a local shop for local people, and a lady with internet access and some books. It's all I need and if I do get bored I only have to go twenty minutes along the road and I can have as much dance music and vodka buckets as I can handle.

Six nights here (two down already) before I have to pack my trunk and head back to the Bangkok circus. The sun is shining, the water is warm, the nights are cool and clear. It just doesn't seem long enough.

Tags: Beaches & sunshine

 

Comments

1

It sounds like paradise. Send me a heffalump (a small one, so PT won't notice), I've always wanted one . Ta.

xxx

  Cat Oct 13, 2007 7:13 PM

2

Wanna heffalump. Make room in backpack ;o)

  Shaesh Oct 13, 2007 9:56 PM

3

Sounds delightfully blissful. I think you've scouted the perfect spot for Sue's island (and once the boys are imported in won't be as quiet for those that prefer a bit more action.) ;-)

  Emily Oct 14, 2007 1:42 AM

4

....and I'll have some banana pancakes and vodka, ta.
xxxx

  Sue Oct 15, 2007 4:01 AM

5

Im facinated by this wonderful trip you're having Esther - an experience of a lifetime! Keep happy and keep safe.
Love, Aunt Mina
xxx

  Aunt Mina Oct 18, 2007 2:18 AM

About esther


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.