Existing Member?

Posh Backpackers On Wheels Grace and Marie Therese's Round-the-World Adventure

all bussed out.......

BOLIVIA | Friday, 23 November 2007 | Views [779] | Comments [4]

Left our little picturesque Island (Morro De Sao Paulo) and boy did we leave with a bang, the Boat was packed to the rim, it was the roughest crossing and everybody was puking till they were green in the face (not a pretty site) except for the two entertainers, who survived with a minor upset tummy!! tough like the Irish........

Left Salvador and thought the journey was going to be so straight forward all we had to do was go straight accross Brazil and into Bolivia, my oh my were we wrong, we spent 82 hours on busses altogether, but we had to keep going, met some funny fishes along the way, but mostly amazing people. Had a short overnight stay in Brasilia, where we went salsa and forró dancing till the wee hours, Packed up the next day and onto Bolivia, arrived into Bolivia like stowaways,got to the Border and thought 'sugar, do we need a visa for Bolivia?' the border police came onto the bus, Armed and Fierce, asking plenty of questions and then it came to our turn, checking our passports, wondering were we French Frogs!! the two little white Cailini charmed him and he wished us well on our journey, relieved at making it into Bolivia, we suddenly thought 'Oh Shit, we dont have an exit stamp from Brazil or an entry stamp for Bolivia' what to do next.... stayed overnight in San Matias, a shanty old town, where nobody smiles and foreigners definitely dont go there. Couldn't wait to leave our La Paz Hotel (Prison) and make our way to La Paz.

One week later, we arrived in La Paz, and checked into Loki Hostel, Run by English and Irish Guys, Complete with Bar and Restaurant, Woke our first morning and thought Jes these are hard core Backpackers, the room full with Hiking Boots and Trekking Equipment, not for us, happy exploring the markets and chilling out in La Paz, tues we headed for the witches Market and the electronics marketand later to the Loki Bar to socialise and meet new friends, where we suceeded on both fronts, the night ended, with a riverdance display and a fusion of tango Salsa and samba...... Oh what moves!!

By the way - We sorted out the Bolivia stamp here in LaPaz... so we are staying legally!

Ireland please leave your comments, dont be mean with them, Rock on Norway......

Tags: Laughter

Comments

1

Been waiting for photos.Well,a lot of beer cans dancing and men as usual? Don't they have any scenary down there.

  PF Nov 23, 2007 6:48 AM

2

aaaaa the pics are greaat, loving Grace's tango moves in La Paz... i can see the altitude has not affected you whatsoever, that's great, Bolivia must be amazing!! Hey, whilst on Titicaca you should visit la Isla del Sol, it is beauuuuutiful :) kisses to you both

  Jette Nov 23, 2007 12:50 PM

3

Hey guys,

Sounds like ye two are having a brill time. The photo's are really class. Have ye got a professioanl Photographer following ye around.Loving the hair grace you on the run from the brazilain police or what Keep up the good work as the new cahirsiveen Foreign ambassadors’to south america. And remember dont talk to strangers ah, ah fuck it ye might aswell.

enjoy yourselves, michael

  Michael O'Sullivan Nov 26, 2007 1:49 AM

4

greetings from the emerald isle! well girls we can see ye are living it up. ye are there a month, the time flies! loving the pictures, grace you'll be in dancing with the stars when you come back by the looks of it.. Rich and i are back from a hectic 2 day wedding, the recovery will be slow.. missing you both very much. enjoy making the memories!! S+R xx

  Sarah and Rich Nov 26, 2007 8:31 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Bolivia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.