Existing Member?

La Dolce Vita

Thanks!

ITALY | Wednesday, 30 January 2008 | Views [550] | Comments [3]

Thanks for all the birthday wishes yesterday! It ended up being a great day-we got an apartment! It is very cute, fairly close to the school, and we can move in tomorrow night! Once we move in and get internet, I will put up some pictures of the apartment and of my trip so far.

We went to dinner with Tony and his girlfriend last night at what he called the best pizza place in Milan...it was quite possibly the best pizza that I have ever had! Later Jessica, Laura and I went to a bar called Hemingway that is near our hotel. It was cute...I think it was trying to be an English pub, but not succeeding...we had a good time though.

We tried to get our 'permesso di soggiorno' today....super frustrating! we had to run all over the place getting different forms and tax stamps, by the time we got to the post office to hand the stuff in, it was closed. It seems like a lot of money and uneccessary hassle to me....

Tags: Food & eating

Comments

1

ya, well that's what all the bureaucratic b.s. is--lots of money and usually an unnecessary hassle.

glad you got an apt though and had a good bday!

  anne Jan 31, 2008 1:14 PM

2

Hi Erin: We have written to you several times and found out tonight we had been doing it wrong, thus, you have not receive them. If you receive this on please let us know and we will write more. Granddad P

  Karl and carol Powell Jan 31, 2008 2:21 PM

3

I can't wait to see your pictures- it sounds like you are already having some adventures. Everyone at work misses you and we all want to trade places...especially on fish fry Fridays! My midterms are this week so I really have not left my house-I wonder if you will have midterms and finals too (whenever your term starts).

Good Luck!! I hope you packed your lucky BJ's vest:)

  Jessica M Feb 4, 2008 8:52 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.