Existing Member?

A journey is measured through friendships

Half a pound of tuppenny rice, half a pound of treacle..

NEW ZEALAND | Tuesday, 1 December 2009 | Views [1167]

Mix them up and make them nice.....pop goes the weasel.

So confused and mixed are the origins of this tune that you can put any interpretation you like to it. There are several versions all with their own poignancy.

It seems a perfect reflection of the two weeks past where life has flung everything both good and equally bad to test us. I have had some fantastic people come back into my life. Friends of old return to base camp. And I’ve made new friends without even leaving the confines of my beautiful home. Seaside and sunshine.

Rowena and Tau, Kelly and Rory have been staying since they totalled spatica their new car only a week after buying it. Cuts bruises and stitches are all nearlly gone now. We are celebrating an early Christmas dinner this evening as they are off to Ireland on Monday morning. The stockings are up, the tree is decorated and the invites are out. As for those that have left my life, well, they have left me eith a court case which is more of an annoyance than anything. Miss Sarah Curtis failed to tell me she had borrowed money against her car when she asked me to sell it on her behalf. Thankfully, I am in no way liable for her dishonesty and asides missing my manual labour on the day in question fingers crossed all will go well. Just goes to show you never really know anyone. While she has deleted me from her correpondence, the loss is prominently hers. Friends do as friends will for each other.

About endless_wonder


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.