Existing Member?

A journey is measured through friendships

“Early to bed early to rise makes a man healthy makes a man wise”

NEW ZEALAND | Thursday, 26 March 2009 | Views [361]

 

Who was Benjamin Franklin kidding! In the Kaituna River, on an inflatable piece of rubber tubing, there seemed little if anything wise about our Saturday morning adventures. Bravely sharing this outdoor expedition were four of my friends, Sam, Diego, Cat and Psy.

A 15 minute drive from Rotorua, our excellent guide Nick and the Cascades team equipped us with some stunning gear. A quick briefing on safety and the difference between left and right and there was no turning back now! Remember when taking on the highest commercially rafted falls in the world to teach your south American friends to paddle and should you find yourself  frantically yelling across to your mate, don't panic as every fall is perfectly interceded with calm waters. These are perfect for somersaults and tipping upside- down. Even the aqua-phobic has to agree the wetter, the better.                         

For the really brave of heart you have the opportunity to fall surf from the front of the raft and even jump off a cliff into rapids. These are just before the grade 6 fall which you are not aloud to go over.

Do beware of excess drowning due to laughter and enjoy every minute because its over before you know it.

For those of you looking for a calmer approach to life Cascades will take you slowly through these adventures holding your hand every step of the way. This is a wicked way to start the day.

 

Tags: rotorua - kaituna cascades

About endless_wonder


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.