Existing Member?

Our Adventures

Last day in Cambodia!!!!

CAMBODIA | Thursday, 8 January 2015 | Views [343]

Our last day here!!! I can't believe we've been traveling through Cambodia for a month now, it's certainly had it's ups and downs, but we've both had an amazing time and experiences we'll never forget!

Anyway, last day wouldn't be the same without some kind of 5am wake-up call!!  We've had calls to prayer in Kampot echoing all around at 5am directly followed on by wedding music/chanting/singing through very loud speakers and of course cockerels, which have been every morning....today we had the wedding mixed in with cockerels!!!!

So a fairly early start we had arranged for a Tuk Tuk to pick us up to go out to 2 of the temples further a field; Banteay Srei and Kbal Spean. After about an hour we arrived at Banteay Srei, unfortunately just as a few coaches pulled in - not much escaping the crowds for us! This was a sweet little temple that was said to be engraved by women as the work is so fine & intricate.  Our camera decided to give up on us and we didn't have our other one with us! - hopefully we'll get it to work again. We then went on to Kbal Spean which was much quieter 😊 It was a 1500 metre walk to the top through a thankfully shaded rocky path under the trees and lovely spiral vines that hang down with some wrapping themselves around tree trunks.  We arrived at the top to see the engraved stone riverbed and followed it down to a little waterfall which was beautiful, with the vines and trees overhanging, butterflies and dragonflies dancing over the top of the water 😊 ........no swimming in this 1 though, nowhere near enough water! 

We have arrived back late afternoon for some chill time, food, drinks, email updates etc and last visit through the markets 😊 

We have an early flight tomorrow to Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam: our last country and last month!!! 

About emmaandsarah


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.