Existing Member?

Living on the Edge - a long way from the Edge

I made it!

UGANDA | Saturday, 15 June 2013 | Views [535]

Hi!

Going to keep this brief because I just typed a whole long spiel and the my browser crashed and I lost it all. Basically I am keeping a paper journal, which I will type up here once a week, probably on Sundays. Then you can follow my Ugandan Adventure and I don't have to write the same email 8 times and worry about forgetting someone important. 

Just quickly, so far we landed at Entebbe and went to a hostel where some of the other members of the group had stayed the night before. We've been to a hostel on the Nile in a town called Jinja, where some of the group bungee jumped and went white water rafting (not me, I hasten to add). Tonight we have been for a night out in Kampala which is the capital city and the night was quite dull, not a massive fan to be honest. I think I'm going to go to bed now because it's 1.40am and we have to leave this hostel at 7 tomorrow to drive the 11 or so hours over to Kanugu, which is the village we'll be living and teaching on for the next 6 weeks.

lots of love xxx

Tags: bungee jump, hostels, nile, travelling, uganda, white water rafting

 

About emilycarp


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Uganda

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.