Existing Member?

What if?

The second leg

FIJI | Saturday, 15 September 2007 | Views [608]

Well LA was a real eye opener, BIG and LOUD.  The airport was awful, considering that LA is ‘a major city’ very small departures area, all queuing outside due to lack of space inside for security checks; lucky we decided to go a little earlier and miss all that hassle.  The flight was in darkness all the way, good for a sleep on the plane (Andy anyway) In Fiji, it felt a lovely temp’ and then the SUN came up! Straight into the shorts, talk about hot; but hotter was in store.  The trip over to the island was great fun, a small boat and large swell when out on the open Ocean; and to top that a couple of young children to ‘captain’ the boat! Amazing to see some of the Islands on the way out to Octopus, even passing the set for various reality programs which are filmed here (not that castaway, only 10 min’s from main Island) our trip out taking 1 ½ hours approximately on a warm sunny day; to be greeted by a traditional ‘Bula’ song upon arrival (Bula is Fijian for hello)

Tags: On the Road

 

About em-and-andy


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Fiji

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.