Existing Member?

evstravelsdotcom

Day 5

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES | Thursday, 5 April 2012 | Views [387]

Woke up to freezing temperatures. Went for my breakfast at 9am and it was -3oC!!! Made my eyes run! I had breakfast in the hotel on the first morning and it was a bit spartan so I quickly found a coffee shop nearby. The place was open 24/7 and had a limited but good menu. I had a smoked salmon and cream cheese bagel. The smoked salmon was ome of the best I have tasted. I also indulged in a coffee/chocolate capucinno - lovely! You could choose between milk or dark chocolate and the dark was lovely....

I had one more postcard to send and had discovered that there was a post office quite close to the hotel. When I think of the journey the day before compared to what happened next! It literally was 5 minutes from the hotel and there was a very helpful young woman who made sure my card was stamped "par avion" before I gave her my 25 roubles for the stamp. Plus the box was inside the post office. The day before -remember I had to wander round and round to get my stamps - the box wasn't where they sold the stamps, but in the original place where they didn't sell stamps! But hey - I wouldn't have had a story to tell otherwise!

I left my hotel with my taxi driver to go to the airport. He had a lovely Chrysler saloon and the radio "FM radio Monte Carlo", played some great music. He was very polite and helpful. Check in was easy and quick, despite having to fill in a luggage tag to add to the one I already had on my case (!!??). The plane was 2/3 full and no-one in business class. Lots of room and smooth flight. Didn't like being in the flight holding pattern around Abu Dhabi for about 20 minutes. I mean when you get back, you just want to get back don't you? Hopped on to the Etihad coach to Al Ain and managed to snooze most of the way. My little car was waiting for me outside the Etihad offices and was home in about 15 minutes. Shower, tea, bed - in that order! Temperature - 240 C midnight!

Tags: traveling back to al ain.

About ejkaplan51


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Arab Emirates

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.