Existing Member?

La granadina It's the spring semester of my junior year, so I am celebrating with un gran viaje filled with classes (unfortunately) and crazy foreign fun.

The pre-Lent event of a lifetime

SPAIN | Monday, 19 February 2007 | Views [521]

Um, Carnaval? Insane. I don’t even know how else to decribe it: just the entire city of Cádiz converted into one, big, all-night botellón. My guidebook says “it makes Mardi Gras look like Monday night bingo.” I’ve never been to Mardi Gras, but maybe that helps you get the picture? Just imagine a city of drunken Spaniards dressed in crazy costumes. We were three pirates, two super heroes, a cop, and a nurse hanging out with two hippies, Che Guevara, and Elvis. Quite the experience. A big group of us went, and it was so crazy. We saw Hiroko, my Japanese sister here, and Carlos (Brint and I know him through another girl). So that was cool. We hung out with Carlos and his friends most of the night, so I got to speak mucho español. Oh wow, though. It was so good to sit down when the bus came at 9 that next morning. The streets were way too gross for resting, making the 4-hour ride home much appreciated. Plenty of time to admire Spanish countryside and dream of Spanish food. Actually I was craving kebap all night and some huge German breakfast by morning. But whatever. I think I could sleep through the rest of the week. I am still so tired…

Tags: Party time

About eitakg917


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.