Existing Member?

La granadina It's the spring semester of my junior year, so I am celebrating with un gran viaje filled with classes (unfortunately) and crazy foreign fun.

Paris vs. Granada

SPAIN | Monday, 19 February 2007 | Views [545]

So good to be back in Spain. It’s weird how after only a month, Anna and I were homesick for Granada while we visited France. What’s also weird: not being able to communicate! Especially after Madrid, where the accent is so clear, switching over to French was crazy. The culture shock: French store clerks always say hello! It was actually quite friendly of them, especially after the cold shoulder you get here in Spain. Parisians seem a lot more formal, though (everything vous, I don’t even know how to say the informal “you” in French), especially compared to “no pasa nada” Granada. Parisians are freakishly skinny (all of them, not even kidding, maybe because food is so crazy expensive???), much taller than Spaniards, and I have to admit, better looking. And the croissants were tres tasty. Still though, I’m so happy to be able to speak coherently, walk wherever I want to, and look at the Sierra Nevadas on a sunny day. It’s good to be back!

Tags: Culture

About eitakg917


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.