Existing Member?

My travel tales

movie in the jungle

USA | Saturday, 20 September 2008 | Views [434]

today we cleaned the office up a bit and then went to the market to buy some groceries because brinja and i were preparing supper for tonight. it was our firs ttime in town together alone, and we were kind of lost searching for markets here and there but we eventualyl found a few outside markets that sold fruits and vegetables and we bought some tomatoes, garlic, onions, red peppers and other things for a delicious sauce with our pasta we had for dinner tonight (specially prepared by the chef Brinja). We also went to the crisis center to set up a big fan for the dining room because it gets really hot in ther ewhen there´s about 15 kids or so eating and running all over the place.

Anyways, there´s a satanic cult going around this area tatooing children with the numbes 666 right now and trying to influence some kids. It´s really sad, actualyl quite scary so we decided to some how draw kids to a christian environment instead of being sucked in tothese satanic groups. The plan was to go out to one of the rural villages, where there´s no electricty so after supper we prepared everything we needed to set up our own movie theater out in the village. The organization has a projector, speakers, a generator, a big white sheet we used as a screen, and we set it up in this rural village where we showed christian cartoons. Tonight we showed stories of David an dGoliath and the story of Lazarus. It was a sight to see. At first a few kids were curious to see what was going on while we were setting up. Then we got the screen up, our movie projector going, the speakers rolling, and eventually a bunch of kids started coming. It was cool because everywhere else in this jungle village was completely dark, but our generator kept the projector and speakes runing and people were curious to see what was going on. We literally set up a movie theater out in the middle of a jungle, and i thought it was a great way to reach out to the people there and somehow touch them by showing them stories of the Bible. It made me see that there´s so many ways we can reach out to people whether it´s preaching, healing, or even setting up a little theater.

Well, i´m not sure what the plans are for tomorrow but happy Sabbath and it´s time for me to go to sleep.

About eden


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.