Existing Member?

Postcards Home

Yoga On, Diving Off

EGYPT | Wednesday, 7 November 2012 | Views [222]

Day 17 - SUN - 30/9/12 - Dahab, Egypt

Today was our final day of yoga as we are not staying tonight afterall as we want to get to Cairo to explore, so no Monday morning scheduled class. We were joined by 2 new people and Kirsty left the day before so the room was quite full. We improved on flexability and I had the breathing exercises downpat.

It was the last delicious breakfast with 2 extra pancakes just to be sure ;) We then set off to buy our bus tickets from the bus station 5km away, via collecting our underwater photos from the Fujifilm shop.

We walked to the photoshop and they weren't yet ready, so we continued on to the bus station. On the way we decided to run the taxi challenge between Kearnsy and I - ie. how many offers of 'taxi' or 1 beep horns (more on this inthe Egypt code of conduct in a couple of days time). Kearnsy's guess was 24 and I guessed 32. After the 5km walk - it was 20 and Kearnsy was declared the winner.

After buying tickets we negotiated a taxi back to town and almost but not quite ending up where we wanted to due to the language barrier. We had to take a short stroll to pick up the underwater shots on CD and negative; hoping at some point in the future to get to see them.

Trading a taxi for icecream with the budget constraints and walked back to the hotel via the beach. We got to have another swim in the afternoon, had some leftovers for dinner and headed off for a farewell drink with Patrick and Fiona.

The bar was a raised platform, all decked out Bedouin style with cushions and low tables, all located right next to the Red Sea. All the stars had come out and there was a lovely breeze blowing. After the drink we headed back to the hotel to get a taxi to the bus station.

About eastbound


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Egypt

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.