Existing Member?

Postcards Home

Yoga Off, Diving On

EGYPT | Wednesday, 7 November 2012 | Views [148]

Day 16 - SAT - 29/9/12 - Dahab, Egypt

We had a yoga morning off today so it was straight to brekkie and then it was just Kearnsy and I, off for our last day of diving.

The dive briefing was to finish off the last remaining skills for Kearnsy to sit his exam at lunchtime.

The yoga brief was again about remaining calm, being still and observing in the water. It was also about being present and enjoying it - and that I did!

Dive 1 was again at Banerfish Bay with visability at about 20m. We dove to our maximum qualified depth of 18m and we got to dive through hoops which are anchored to the bottom of the sea, used for technical dive training. I was very relaxed and it was a great dive.

Lunchtime was spent with Kearnsy doing his exam, which he passed with flying colours and me catching up on my blog notes.

Dive 2 was at Lighthouse Reef which was wonderful with the afternoon sunlight streaming down the coral wall and many many fish. At one point it was like being in a blue tinged snow storm. I was able to remain calm, still and observational throughout the whole dive and I very much enjoyed it!

It was then back to the hotel to do my favourite p word... PACK :S

About eastbound


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Egypt

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.