Existing Member?

Postcards Home

Yoga and Local Markets

EGYPT | Wednesday, 7 November 2012 | Views [185]

Day 15 - FRI - 28/9/12 - Dahab, Egypt

We had a different teacher for yoga this morning as the other went off to do diving at a different optional site. It made for a pleasent change to have a different teacher, as we did the same practices, breath exercises and postures but it had a different personal perspective provided by a different teacher.

As the teacher was slightly late we had our delicious breakfast before class and after class we had a swim and then walked the 3km to town to drop off our washing as we didn't have diving today.

We visited Sheike Salam House again as we knew they had a local market on and bought some amazing 'street food'. It was roasted aubergines with peppers etc and our other dish was roasted macaroni and cheese pasta bake but it also had a small amount of micne in it. It also came with fresh wholemeal pitas. We followed this up with flourless chocolate cake and a local pastry - yum! We een bought extra mac and cheese and veggie pizza for dinner and lunch the next day as it was super cheap.

From there we walked into town to go to the Fujishop to drop off our underwater camera for processing. We treated ourselves to delicious homemade gelatto and bought some fantastic wall art from a local artist.

On our way back along the waterfront we were remembered by the pizza shop owner where we had dinner a few nights back and he called out to us as we walked by and said how nice it was to see us again and that he hoped we were having a lovely time - very friendly people.

About eastbound


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Egypt

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.