Existing Member?

David's World Tour Begins... The purpose of this journal is to let you experience the world of travel as I have experienced it. I hope that I can educate you about the joys and pains of travel and encourage more people to start exploring!

Stonehenge and Roman Baths

USA | Sunday, 8 July 2007 | Views [438] | Comments [1]

Good-bye London, hello country-side. Salisbury England is a very nice place with a mini bustling metropolis! The city centre was full of people and shops galore! Salisbury is the gateway to Stonehenge. I know this might sound redundant of me to say, but I really did think that Stonehenge was atop a mountainous region, when in fact, it is basically in a field. The weather at Stonehenge was a bit cold and windy. Though tolerable. Large crowds of people walked around listening to the audio tour. It took about 40 minutes to run through the whole tour, then back on the bus to Salisbury. We stayed around the city centre for the rest of the day and planned our trip to Bath, which is where we are now.

Bath is a bit north west of Salisbury and is a BEAUTIFUL area. Very beautiful. To picture Bath, you would have to think of a V with the bottom of the V being the river that runs through and each side the hillsides that extend upward from the river. Bath is famous for... well, it's Roman Bath. Here, the city centre is also bustling with tons of people and many shops. I find the beauty more in the surrounding country side as it is lush with greenery.

Tomorrow our next stop is Manchester England.

Until Next time... Cheers!

Tags: Adventures

 

Comments

1

Greetings!! Sounds like you are both having a wonderful time. We can't wait to see some pictures. Take care and we love you!

SPC & WAF

ps...the packages were sent to your mom last week.

  Stephen Jul 9, 2007 10:27 PM

About droberts70


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.