Existing Member?

David's World Tour Begins... The purpose of this journal is to let you experience the world of travel as I have experienced it. I hope that I can educate you about the joys and pains of travel and encourage more people to start exploring!

Cheers!

USA | Thursday, 5 July 2007 | Views [468] | Comments [1]

We are finally in London... good old semi-cold and rainy London!  Is it Fall already and I didn't know it? haha.  Alan told me that it was going to be a bit cooler, but by that I thought he meant that we would be living easy in less-than-90-sweltering-degrees of DC.  I didn't know he meant it was mid-60's here, though I don't think he knew it was that cool either.  Luckily we have rain coats and long-sleeved shirts to protect us from the cool temps.

Our trip started out in Montreal, which was semi-okay to me.  We had a 9-hour layover and decided to hike around Montreal's 'old port'(I think it's called).  We took a bus down to the port area, which seemed a bit grungy and dirty.  Down closer to the port there was an area that resembled that of Fell's Point in Baltimore- cute shops and restaurants winding throughout the streets.  Montreal was having a Jazz festival that we got to experience. Lots of people there!  Apparently they have festivals throughout the summer.

The flight to London from Montreal was relatively uneventful.  Unfortunately we were in an exit row and didn't have the leg room comfort that we thought we would.  I slept a bit better than I thought, though Alan was restless the whole flight.  We arrived in London around 10:15 am and after retrieving my backpack, we headed off to the underground to our hotel.  After a quick shower and nap, we hit the road and toured rainy London, seeing the London Tower, London Bridge (haha), this cool venue called the London Dungeon and the Eye of London.  We finished the day off with a couple of pints of beer (Cheers!) in a small pub down from our hotel.

Today (7/5/07) we toured a bit more of London- seeing, of course, Buckingham Palace for the Changing of the Guard.  I remember seeing this with my Mother several years ago when I was a teenager, but seeing it this time I couldn't understand why this is so popular.  I mean, it was a bit cheesy with band music of James Bond and Golden Eye.  It was a bit amusing more than I remembered.  Afterwards, we saw Big Ben, the Parliment House, Trafalgar Square (where they were setting up for the start of the Tour de France), Picadilly Square and the British Museum. 

The next stop is Salsibury to see Stonehenge. 

I hope to post pictures soon.  The computer available to me is an Internet only computer.  But have no fear- they're coming!

As always, I miss everyone back home.

Happy Trails-

Until Next time...

Tags: Adventures

Comments

1

If you see Madonna, Robbie Williams or Tori Amos, tell them I said hello. Madonna owns like 6 places in the fancy parts of London and Tori lives out in the countryside in Cornwall!!!

(Hi Stephen Cremen, how are you?)

  Chad Butterworth Jul 7, 2007 4:54 AM

About droberts70


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.