Existing Member?

David's World Tour Begins... The purpose of this journal is to let you experience the world of travel as I have experienced it. I hope that I can educate you about the joys and pains of travel and encourage more people to start exploring!

It's Almost Time!

USA | Tuesday, 3 July 2007 | Views [428] | Comments [2]

I wish I could tell you that I'm sitting at my friend's computer feeling giddy with excitement for my RTW trip that starts tomorrow AM, but I can't.  It's not that I don't want to go- it is just that I still feel unprepared and a bit disorganized.  I know that I am as organized as I can be, but if you know me, you'd understand that I have to methodically plan all of this out so I know what to expect.  No worries- throw caution to the wind and if I forget to pack something, then I didn't need it anyway! 

Several friends have asked me about how I felt about what is going on over in London at the moment.  I'd have to say that I feel badly for what is happening, but it certainly doesn't deter me from starting my voyage there.  We are all somewhat at a disadvantage with terrorism, but we shouldn't be afraid of it. It does stink though that whoever these people are, they're following the same itinerary that Alan and I are! London AND Scotland?!  Let's hope they don't continue to Ireland too!  I hope we don't have any travel problems. 

To all my family and friends:  may you have a WONDERFUL and SAFE 4th of July. I will be here in spirit celebrating it with you!

Until Next Time... 

 

Tags: The Planning Phase

Comments

1

Hey Dave and Alan, I hope you have a good time and safe one too. I clicked on Photos at the top of the screen cause I thought they were yours and I was like who are all these people and when did you go to Kenny Rogers Roasters? HAVE FUN!!! BYE-CHAD

  Chad Butterworth Jul 6, 2007 12:09 AM

2

What a great site! I'm so excited to see all the details of your adventures! Have a great time and please post often. We're all thinking about you both. Be safe!

(Hi Miss Butterworth)

  Stephen Cremen Jul 6, 2007 1:03 AM

About droberts70


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.