Existing Member?

David's World Tour Begins... The purpose of this journal is to let you experience the world of travel as I have experienced it. I hope that I can educate you about the joys and pains of travel and encourage more people to start exploring!

Waiting...

USA | Saturday, 30 June 2007 | Views [374]

I've been on edge for the past few months, but with good reason.  I'm about to embark on the trip of a lifetime with my best friend Alan- a trip that will take us through many countries around the world, hopefully for a year! 

To prepare for a trip of this magnitude, we both have sold, stored and thrown away a lot of our life-long possessions to trim down to just the bare necessities- a backpack with a week's worth of clothes, toiletries, 2 pairs of shoes and a travel book. Mind you - me having just a week's worth of clothes makes me nervous. haha.  Though I didn't wear everything that was in my closet, I did enjoy having a choice of things to wear. 

So, after a grueling 2 months of getting the house organized and ready to sell and quitting my IT job of 9 years, I'm finally somewhat relaxed and I am getting excited about the trip. All that's left to do is wait until July 3rd when we leave DC/MD to go to London via Montreal.  I'm hoping we get a chance to tour Montreal during our 9 hour layover. 

Until Next Time...

Tags: The Planning Phase

About droberts70


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.