Existing Member?

namaste' my journey...

Siem Reap ::: Cambodia

CAMBODIA | Tuesday, 27 January 2009 | Views [412]

Siem Reap is a cute little town mostly known for Angkor wat and the temples of Angkor. The fisrt night we stayed at by far my favorite and nicest of all guesthouses so far.  It was beautiful, with status in the front garden with orange painted walls.  The rooms are all orange and green walls with India type tapestries hanging.  Just absolutely beautiful.  Since my bday was coming up we decided to wait to go to the temples so we could do it on my bday. So the next few days we spend going around siem reap...love the place.  There are two huge markets which i ended up buing some fabric to make stuff at home with since it was so damn cheap.  Later after doing some shopping we went to an orphange and played with the kids we also brought them a 50kl bag of rice which would only feed them for a few days. Anything you can do to help them is so appricated.  It was a holiday so the kids were not in school so we did get to hang with them which was nice.  We also got to see the new schools that were being build for them from all the charity that has been brougth their way.  It is so amazing to see all the NGO's around here doing so much to help this country.  I think i will come back to cambodia again and really volunteer for a longer period of time. 

About drea72


Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.