Existing Member?

namaste' my journey...

Lak Lake to Da Lat

VIETNAM | Saturday, 27 December 2008 | Views [452]

Next morning we head out to da lat.  It is a place where Vietnamese go for honeymoons or those in love take a vacation there.  On own way there we stopped at a chopstick making factory (and when I say factory I mean in a very small scare work place really) From there we went to a place were they have silk worms for making silk.  There were thousands of these worms some eating to get ready to make their cocoon, some in the cocoon stage.  Once there are at this stage they are then sent to the factory to be boiled to make silk.  The dead worm will then be sent to market for sale to eat.  In Vietnam they seldom waste anything.  Everything is used for something else.  As we were riding we were passing some people drying corn and coffee beans in the front of their places.  So we stopped to check it out and take some pictures.  We stopped at the factory that they actually make the silk.  We saw from where they take the cocoon and pull the silk off and take out the worm to them using the machines to make the fabric then to dying the silks.  From there they ladies at the sewing machines make the skirts shirts etc.  We hopped back on the bikes after seeing this and having some lunch and headed to see a huge happy Buddha.  This statue was gigantic.  Inside the temple monks were singing I really enjoyed it here found it very peaceful.  I sat there listening to the monks letting there musical voices fill my soul with such peace and love I felt my energy growing as big as the Buddha outside.  That night we made to da lat pulling in at night to the romantic mountain city.  I was feeling warm and happy to be here.  As we arrived at the van anh hotel all I could do was smile.  Being on the back of Danh motorcycle had been such serenity for me.  The peace that is consuming my body is breathtaking.   Tonight we ate at a western pizza place that had a band playing…it was such a great way to end a day pizza and live music…I just loved it.

 

About drea72


Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.