Existing Member?

namaste' my journey...

Dak Lak to Lak Lake

VIETNAM | Friday, 26 December 2008 | Views [896]

We start out early morning going to the waterfalls where we were staying.   After spending time there (it was a bit cold in the am since we were in the mountains) we headed back thru the countryside seeing all the locals.  Any time that we stop to eat it is with locals where the guys have to order for us because they do not talk any English.  We are the only westerns around and I love it.  Today we saw trees that grow these seeds used to make the red in curry.  I painted some lines on the girl’s faces with them.  We went to a tapioca farm and learned that the reason they grow some much is because it is an easy tree to grow and you can feed a lot of people with them.  We got to a mushroom farm and got to take some with us for dinner later.  At the mushroom farm we got to hold the owners python.   We spent some time in a minority village where I gave the kids balloons and they went crazy.  It was so fun to play with them.  That night we stayed in these nice little concrete bungalows on lak lake.  We got to listen to music playing in the longhouses there and we enjoyed our mushrooms cooked with garlic as part of our dinner.
passing out balloons to the kids

passing out balloons to the kids

 

About drea72


Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.