Existing Member?

namaste' my journey...

Da Lat to Mui Ne

VIETNAM | Sunday, 28 December 2008 | Views [587]

Today was to be our last day with the guys but since we had such an amazing four days we asked them to take us all the way to the boarder instead so we now have another 4 days with them!
Once again we start out first thing in the morning we tour around da lat.  There they have this flower park this is where most of the lover would go…it is absolutely beautiful.  Everything is made out of flowers.  From there we went to this crazy house.  It is just this house that this girl had her dad build for her.  Each room has a theme.  All the architecture is crazy.  Kinda interesting.   We went to a wine factory but it was closed so we did not get to see the wine being made but got to see where they sell it and could not even buy any cause it was a holiday and it was even going to sell us a bottle and we were going to buy plenty.  I think this was the first time that I saw a Vietnamese refuse a sale.  While riding there was a pagota being built that we stopped at. They were breaking peaces of colored glass and ceramic to do mosaics on the outside.  It had 5 or so floors that you could climb up and over look the area.  I felt lucky to see how they were making this pagoda.  We then traveled on to a place called the chicken village.  In the middle of this town there is a giant cement chicken.  There is some story about a marriage and a chicken that is why it is here.  We played volleyball with the locals here and I gave the kids balloons again.  The ladies here all weave silk for a living so yes they all wanted us to buy something.  After riding for a while thru more back roads and mountains we come to the sand dunes of mui ne.  Fiirst we stopped at the yellow sand dunes, which were beautiful with the lake in front of them.  Next we went to the red sand dunes to go slide on them and to also watch the sunset.  I rented my sled from Tom.  He is a local boy who does not attend school, as most of the kids that rent the sled don’t, instead they rent sleds to people who want to ride the dunes and take the money back to their families.  It is very sad to see this happening.  I guess if I thought about at the time I would not have rented it from him cause it really does discourage them from ever going to school if they can be making money.   That night we check into Quang long guesthouse and go eat up the road at a local place.  Tonight Vietnam is playing Thailand in a se asia cup in football.  We got to watch the game with the locals it was great at the last minutes Vietnam scored to win the game.  The streets were crazy it was the first time in 30yrs that they beat Thailand.  It was incredible feeling to be able to share this pride of their country with them.  Everyone including us was yelling in the streets Vietnam Vodic…Vietnam Winner!
sittin on top of the world

sittin on top of the world

 

About drea72


Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.