Existing Member?

namaste' my journey...

Singapore ::: Singapore

SINGAPORE | Saturday, 6 December 2008 | Views [413] | Comments [1]

ok well after getting our ticket in KL in a crazy bus terminal with about 50 different windows that you can buy a ticket from with all these people yelling different cities you might want to go to...we show up at the dirty bus station and wait down stairs where all the busses come into on platform 18 for hour bus to arrive...our bus is supposed to leave at 10:30 while after waiting 2 hours in the exhaust roach filled platform area a guy tells us we should go check with our ticket counter because he has no idea where our bus is...so we go back up to the crazy ticket area and the woman tells us oh sorry no bus but we can put you on the 2pm one...we agree now at 2 we go back to see the woman to make sure everything is ok and she tells us the bus is now going to be late again so we wait again...now an hour goes buy and no bus and they are not sure it is even going to show so we get our money back and this nice man (nice but we still have to slip him some money)takes us outside and tells us we can get on this bus that is for sure going directly to singapore at this point we are happy...i call the persons house we are going to stay at and she has no problem that we are going to know get in at 11pm instead of in the afternoon...after traveling for what seems forever and getting told we have to get off our bus on the side of the highway and get in another one behind us cause ours is now not going to singapore...yes we did get in the new one and arrive in singapore...wow how i love singapore...what a "fine" city!!!  when they say fine it has two meanings fine as in a great fine clean city and also a fine city cause you can not do anything or you will get fined...you get fined for chewing gum which is banded and they do not sell at all...for j-walking...for spitting you name it you get fined for it...but that is why it is such a beautiful clean city...i had great food and one of the best hosts ever.  Xin was who we stayed with and she was great...Every morning Xin mom made something for us to eat and knowing a was vegetarian she made sure it was...they were so sweet...they let us do laundry (since we did not see one laundry place in KL) she had us trying all kinds of chinese food that was for the most part really good...she even gave us a gift when we left...i really feel i have a new sister in singapore.  She is a workaholic...she works 7 days a week from 9-7 as a interior designer and only at the age of 26...we did however get her to take off monday and hand out with us...she only agreed since it was a muslim holiday and most things were closed...singapore however is more chinese buddhist then muslim still they have the day off for the holiday.  The first day we were there another CSer named Leong took us around...he has to be the most knowledgeable singaporean there is...he brought us everywhere and could tell us everything you needed to know about his homeland...and he was proud to do so...he really made seeing singapore amazing...he took us to see the changing of the guard where the presidents stays...took us to statues and told us the history of each one from the one that is the founder of singapore to the merlion and which every part of it meant...from the waves at the bottom and how it was made to bring tourist in...we went to the top of this beautiful hotel which had an amazing view...went to the national museum...went down to the waterfront at night which has amazing lights...there was a bar that had all old hospital furniture to sit on such as wheelchairs and roll beds and even drips to get your drink out of...we ate ice cream wrapped in bread which was really really good...the city was decorated so beautiful for the xmas season...i have to say it was almost like being home...they had everything a city in the states would have just a hell of a lot cleaner...check out my pixs i am sure you will enjoy...many are of the funny signs they had for the fines you would get...

...i really truly enjoyed singapore and would go back for sure...loved it so much we stayed an extra day!!!

 

Comments

1

dre...so proud of you for getting out and seeing the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  judy satterley (kat's mom) Dec 14, 2008 9:33 AM

About drea72


Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Singapore

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.