Existing Member?

namaste' my journey...

Han oi ::: Vietnam

VIETNAM | Wednesday, 10 December 2008 | Views [430] | Comments [1]

beep beep beep you are han oi...after singapore i went back to malaysia...yes i really did...just to fly out of the KL airport...after missing my plane due to the fact that venessa did not to take a cab just the bus...i ended up sitting in KL airport for nine hours and now instead of spending 10 more dollars to cab it instead of bus i was now spending 130.00 more for a new ticket...needless to say i was a bit upset with vanessa but i have to say i just let it go...what was i going to do be mad at her for the rest of the trip the day what and what does that get me...nothing...so as i was relaxing sitting there in the airport checking email i get more news...dad is in the hospital...not something easy to hear when you are more than 9000 miles away...dad has pneumonia and three broken ribs...had an alergic reaction to meds and now was hopitalized for a week...he is doing better now...so we finally arrive in han oi and i am so happy...glad to be here...the beeping i am laughing at...the fact that there are soooo many motorcycles...no even more than what you are thinking really...and they just drive anywhere most streets have no stop signs you just go...and the great thing is the dont have accidents...really...and if you want to cross the street you just have to do it...some how they dont hit you or each other...

i stayed at the backpackers hostel here...nice place...good to meet people here...hot showers =)

my first day in vietnam we walked around just observing people in their every day lives...woman carrying baskets on a wooden stick selling anything from fruits to soup yes soup carring a huge cooking pot and all...men fixing motorbikes...the stands with the meats fresh cut meatwent...fruits vegies...you name it you can get it...you will see tons of vietnamese sitting on little stools eating soup drinking tea smoking...it seems woman here work a bit harder then the men...the are little but strong

today we also visited the Hoa Lo Prison also know to some as the hanoi hilton because of the Americans it held there during the Second Indochina War...this is where john mccain was held when he was captured in 1967.  It was orginally established by the French colonial goverment in 1896 for detaining political prisoners.  It was so sad to read and see what these people went throught the tourture...and hearing and seeing how when the americans were captured they were treated...it was hard being an american looking at what these people have gone thru and i have not even seen the places from the american war as it is called here...

 

 

Comments

1

Glad your're safe and still having a blast. Sorry to hear about your dad, hope he feels better soon.
Much Love,
Andrea
PS Have a happy new year

  stubbs Dec 28, 2008 4:41 AM

About drea72


Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.