Existing Member?

My Life In Argentina and now Mexico

The new Classroom

ARGENTINA | Monday, 15 June 2009 | Views [545]

There are two rooms in my new space, one space will be for the classroom and the other space Roly will be renting for his herbs/tea business

There are two rooms in my new space, one space will be for the classroom and the other space Roly will be renting for his herbs/tea business

I have decided to rent an office space in downtown Cordoba to make into a classroom and there I will teach English.  The rent is very affordable. And to my advantage of being right in downtown will be getting college students from the two universities located right in downtown. A prerequisite of the majors here require learning english as part of their degree program.  My new space has two rooms, so Roly will be paying for half the rent because he wants to store all the big bags of natural herbs for his tea business.  There is a bricklayer fixing the wall and the ceiling because of water damage.  Here its not the responsibility of the owner to fix things! If I want it to look nice, I have to fix it with my own money! How backwards is that!  However, Roly convinced the owner to give me two months of rent free!!  The owner wants the revenue, so he gave us a good deal. Also, the labor of the bricklayer was only $200 and he is going to fix the wall, the ceiling, and paint the walls including the ceiling.  A good deal I think! After the new space is all painted and we put up the white board and put in place the tables and chairs, I will download another picture.  Wish me good luck on my business venture!

 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.