Existing Member?

My Life In Argentina and now Mexico

Another Minnesotan in Cordoba!

ARGENTINA | Saturday, 30 May 2009 | Views [568] | Comments [2]

Happy Birthday Lili, Walter, and Ruben!!

Happy Birthday Lili, Walter, and Ruben!!

When I was here the first time in Córdoba, I met a man named Ruben Hillar through an English club called Talk Time.  Ruben was born and raised in Argentina and when he was 17 years old he went to the United States as a Foreign Exchange Student.  And as the story goes, he met his future wife in Minnesota, married, and worked for Honeywell, and ended up living in the USA for over 23 years.  About five years ago, he then decided to return to Cordoba because of his aging parents (his father is 84 years old and still works out of his home as a lawyer, imagine that!!) and also to leave the stressful lifestyle in the USA.  Ruben built a new home in a nice neighborhood on the outskirts of the city and when I entered the home it felt just like I was back in the states!  There was a group of us that had an Asado on Saturday at Ruben´s house. We ate the traditional Asado food of lots of meat and a variety of salads, we then had chocolate Birthday Cake, and then the whole group played Cherades.  It was really fun!  Then when I got home I took a two hour nap to rest my brain, as I´ve mentioned before, it is hard work always thinking and speaking in Spanish, but each day it gets just a wee-bit easier.  Feliz Cumpleaños Mis Amigos!

 

Comments

1

So glad to see you are meeting and interacting with so many interesting people. Sounds like you are having many great experiences

  Marilyn Jun 1, 2009 8:46 AM

2

gosh! how do you manage to look so drop dead gorgeous in every picture?! Now, about your story, that's the highest compliment ever paid to me!!! I mean, when you said "when I entered the home it felt just like I was back in the states!". Last but not least, your Español fluency is amazing, maybe I should congratulate Rolando about that!

  Ruben Jun 3, 2009 12:20 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.