Existing Member?

My Life In Argentina and now Mexico

...And Now It's Time to Get Back to Work

ARGENTINA | Tuesday, 30 June 2009 | Views [710] | Comments [2]

The tables and chairs are delivered and we are getting ready to put up the whiteboard

The tables and chairs are delivered and we are getting ready to put up the whiteboard

It has been challenging but the "salon de ingles" the classroom is now ready.  The bricklayer who I hired to fix the ceiling, the walls, and to paint, one day just decided to not show up!! So both Roly and I got on ladders and finished painting.  Then I went to the local market and found a reasonable price on two tables and 6 chairs, and a guy in an old pick-up truck loaded up the tables/chairs and brought them to the building's front door for $6.00!  As of this week, I have a few students for private tutoring, but in the next few weeks I am hoping to form an intermediate and an advanced group.  However, I need to do more advertising to get the word out. As they say here "manos a la obra" Let's get to work! 

Comments

1

Starting to look nice. Am sure all your students will enjoy learning in this nice classroom with you. Best of luck in finding the number of students you would like to teach/tudor.

  Marilyn Jun 30, 2009 9:59 AM

2

Try advertising in the University Message Board and Radio Station.Good Luck!

  Cecilia Cruz de Ribaldi Jul 24, 2009 2:09 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.