Existing Member?

My Life In Argentina and now Mexico

Parque Sarmiento (The City Park)

ARGENTINA | Monday, 18 August 2008 | Views [506] | Comments [2]

Went to the Zoo on Sunday.  The animals in our MN ZOO have got it made compared to these zoo animals.

Went to the Zoo on Sunday. The animals in our MN ZOO have got it made compared to these zoo animals.

On Sunday Walter, Gloria, and Lissette took me to the City Park called Parque Sarmiento.  Inside the park is a amusement park and a zoo.  Everything is very brown and dry right now, but I can imagine it really green in the summer time.  I´m sure we´ll be back several times in the next 5 months.  Lissette went on a couple of the rides, then we went to the zoo, and then the best part was the Choripan (bratwurst) and the Churros con dulce de leche (like a donut with caramel inside it).  Because it is a day before a holiday everybody was out and about.  There are lots and lots of motos and young people cruising this main avenue by the park.  Wow, it was loud too!  The funny thing is these are all mopeds or old and small motorcycles.  I thought to myself how grand it would be to see my friend Isreal on his Harley drive by, it would certainly turn lots of heads!

Comments

1

Doreen,
I'm happy for you and very proud that you are chasing your dreams with courage and determination. Having fun while learning and discovering new things as well as meeting new places must be an incredible experience. I hope you have many grandchildren in the future to pass on all the stories you are living now.

Kisses, hugs, and salud con un buen vino argentino!!!!

  Mario Aug 21, 2008 11:31 PM

2

Doreen,
It's been so fun to read your journal and your pictures are wonderful. In the short time you've been there you have already made new friends, tried their different foods and gone to some interesting places. You are an amazing and adventuresome gal.

I look forward to continue to follow you.
Nancy

  Nancy Aug 21, 2008 11:46 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.