Existing Member?

science

Abortion: Here are the results of the consultations submitted to HM the King

ANGOLA | Saturday, 23 May 2015 | Views [240]

These various consultations showed that the overwhelming majority looks to the criminalization of illegal abortion, with the exception of a few cases of force majeure

His Majesty King Mohammed VI received, on Friday at the Royal Palace in Casablanca, Mustapha Ramid, Minister of Justice and Liberties, Ahmed Toufiq, Minister of Endowments and Islamic Affairs and Driss El Yazami, president of the National Council of Human Rights Rights (CNDH), said a statement from the Royal Cabinet.

During the hearing, the two ministers and the president of the Council submitted to the High knowledge of His Majesty the King results extensive consultations that the Sovereign had charged to conduct on the issue of abortion, with all the actors involved.

These various consultations showed that the overwhelming majority looks to the criminalization of illegal abortion, with the exception of a few cases of force majeure because of the suffering it causes and its health impacts, negative psychological and social on Women, family and the fetus and the entire society, including:

First: When pregnancy is a danger to life and health of the mother,

Second: In cases where pregnancy results from rape or incest,

Third: In cases of severe deformities and incurable diseases that could infect the fetus.

On this basis, His Majesty the King gave His High instructions to the Minister of Justice and Freedoms and the Minister of Health to coordinate among themselves and they associate medical specialists to translate the findings of these consultations a draft legal provisions. This in order to include them in the penal code and submit them to the procedure of adoption, within the framework of respect for the precepts of the holy Islamic religion, while giving precedence to the virtues of Ijtihad in s' adapting to changes that knows the Moroccan society and its values ​​based on moderation and the opening and taking account of its unity, its cohesion and its specificities.

Since the law can not, by itself, fight against this phenomenon, His Majesty the King stressed the need for awareness, prevention, dissemination and popularization of scientific knowledge and ethics related to this topic to immunize society against the causes of abortion, the statement said.

Tags: fgsdadd

About dominicenid


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Angola

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.