Existing Member?

Di Rosa's World Read my social commentary from journeys around the globe!

Last Tango In....Buenos Aires!

ARGENTINA | Thursday, 18 October 2007 | Views [661]

The Tango developed in the city of Buenos Aires in the 1800ś. The Tango had a bad reputation among the higher classes ruling Argentinean society at the time as it was seen as a vulgar dance.

Crowds would gather at night for the practice of the dance. Regardless of its poor origins Tango, in time, developed into a national habit and for many decades was the favorite pastime of just about anybody living in Buenos Aires.

The Argentinean Tango is a phenomenal dance between two people fighting their inner passion for one another.

The classical dance is very much still a major part of Argentinean culture. The alluring sound of the Accordion is heard whilst amateurs dance in the streets for a few pesos.

The bars in Buenos Aires are filled with the Tango and one can go along to an open Millonga (dance lesson).

The Tango cannot be ignored. So when in Buenos Aires one should do as an Argentinean and dance the night away with passion and intensity.

What better way to end my Argentinean trip!

 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.