Existing Member?

Di Rosa's World Read my social commentary from journeys around the globe!

Stung between the Hooters!!

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 4 July 2007 | Views [420]

It was another beautifully hot day in tropical Cairns, North Australia.  Jonny and I decided to take advantage of the glorious weather and walk the Lake Placid track.  After walking for a couple of hours with the sun relentlessly beating down on our heads, we realised we were lost and must have taken the wrong road earlier on.

Defeated we both turned round, and started the long walk back to our camper van, taking protection under the trees.

This is when it happened! 

I felt something large and alive fall down my v-neck vest top and land into the middle of my breasts!  I screamed out to Jonny in disbelief shock and total fear 'Something has fallen down my top, help! Quick get it out!' 

I couldn't tell Jonny what it was because I didn't see it, but I could feel it there and I knew it was alive.  I’ve always had a good imagination at the best of times but now my imagination started to run wild and play havoc with my nerves.  Whatever it was did not move and I could feel it waiting!

Bent over paralyzed with fear, I clasped my breasts not knowing what to do.  I demanded Jonny put his hand down my top immediately and get it out.  Jonny a little concerned as to what the ‘thing’ was, did not like this idea at all but suggested I lift my top up to release the creature instead.  

As the panic within me started to increase, I frantically lifted my top, in a total frenzy.  Passing drivers beeped their car horns and flashed their lights at me, yelling ‘show us your hooters’.  This was no joke, I thought!!

As I panicked further, I felt a short sharp painful sting in the centre of my throbbing bosoms!

Squealing in sheer terror I ordered Jonny to get 'the thing' from between my breasts out!

Reluctantly, Jonny slowly put his hand down the neck of my top. By this point however the creature had found an escape route. 

I walked back to the campsite sobbing with my knees quivering wondering why me?????

Jonny found the whole incident hilarious and enthusiastically told all the locals back at the camp site that I had been stung and guess where!

One Aussie camper was convinced it was a creature called a paper wasp and in his own words described them as 'nasty little buggers'.

Another one replied 'lucky critter, shame it wasn't a little lower!' and another said 'that's nothing love, when you've been stung by a paper wasp on the arse and shoot ten feet in the air, that's when you know what real pain is!'

Well let’s just hope I never have to!  Ah the beauty of the tropics! How I love it!!

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.