Existing Member?

Di Rosa's World Read my social commentary from journeys around the globe!

I can't say no to Noosa

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 10 June 2007 | Views [399]

I never considered myself to have ‘itchy feat’. I mean I’ve always considered myself to be a stable and reliable person but there’s something about living out of a suitcase and being on the road which makes me want to keep on moving.

If I don’t like what I feel or see well I just pick up my suitcase and jump straight into the van to pastures new.

So far since arriving in Australia that’s how I have felt, unsettled, haven’t found my feet quite yet.

I have an Australian Visa so potentially if I like a place enough I could stay for a while and consider working. But like I said I haven’t found that place yet.

And so I find myself in Noosa! What can I say?

All the previous disappointment vanishes as the light of the tunnel seems to be shining brightly on me. I am looking at The Australia I had always imagined.

Noosa is a small and visually spectacular town. The endless beautiful and unspoilt beaches and sophistication (Yes I know never thought I’d say it!) This was beginning to look and feel like my kind of place.

The camping grounds in Australia are pretty damn good and Noosa is no exception. Nothing like I've experienced before, the amenities are excellent, toilets, hot showers, outdoor kitchen including barbecues, all overlooking the beautiful river.

I like Noosa very much, it is definitely a place for the Aussie elite, but I have to tell you apart from being extremely expensive, I mean ridiculously expensive, the weather here has still not picked up since I arrived.

After waking the fifth morning by the tip tapping of the rain on the roof of the camper van, my impatience starts to kick in again and no matter how much I love Noosa it's time to move on...again.

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.