Existing Member?

The Pursuit of Leisure Don't expect too much, and you won't be disappointed.

Space Needle Where Art Thou?

USA | Saturday, 19 June 2010 | Views [536] | Comments [1]

1:45 a.m. PST Seattle.  Last night when I was checking in for my flight I was changing seats and deciding between window or aisle.  For < 3.5 hour flights I always pick the window seat because I avoid the bathroom like the plague.  Since this was a 4.5 hour flight though I was thought this would be difficult.  Then I saw an option to upgrade to first class and I did so for 2 reasons:

  1. It only cost $79 and there were no fees for checked bags, which otherwise would cost $25 a piece.
  2. That's how I roll.

When they started boarding the flight today I got giddy getting first access to the plane where there was ample luggage storage space.  Being an older 737 plane though the seats weren't really that nice, but the perks like getting priority tags on baggage and boarding/disembarking the plane first really was worth it.  Of course the free alcohol was a waste on me but the higher-end snacks of cheese and meats were nice.  I wasn't even planning to bring 2 bags, but once I upgraded, I cleared out my big luggage and shoved all my clothes into my work duffel bag because ain't no one going to want to steal that!

Arrived in Seattle a little after 11 p.m. PST. I managed to sleep at least half an hour on the plane but otherwise am exhausted and my eyes are bloodshot.  I didn't really get a good look at the city from the plane since I had an aisle seat, but I did get a nice glimpse of downtown on the taxi ride to my downtown hotel - the Westin Seattle - which I booked primarily for the panoramic views.  It is a nice view (photo attached) but I can't see the Space Needle at all from the room!  (As if it can be seen from any spot in Seattle).  Damn guidebook trickery with sample photo!

Tomorrow I am meeting up with a friend and then the real vacation excitement begins.  The forecast looks like rain.  Rain?  In Seattle??  Well that's just...normal.  Now off to bed and hoping that the "Heavenly Bed" here lives up to its name.

Comments

1

First class??? That's freakin baller! Have fun

  Huy Jun 22, 2010 12:03 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.