Existing Member?

The Pursuit of Leisure Don't expect too much, and you won't be disappointed.

Here's a freaking picture for you

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 13 May 2009 | Views [1118] | Comments [4]

10 p.m. in Sydney.  I managed both the Harbour Bridge Climb and a visit to Bondi Beach.  I finally figured out the rail system here... on my last day.  So I actually bought the pictures from my bridge climb and put it on CD, but guess what - this computer can't read it.  So here's a very ghetto screen capture (where's SnagIt when you really need it)?  This only took 45 minutes to figure out, and I had to suffer some British girl talking extremely loudly on her cell phone around the computers.  I overheard her say, "Someone please volunteer to shoot me," and I suppressed the urge to raise my hand.


Anyways, the bridge climb was pretty cool.  We had to suit up and harness ourselves to the railing so we wouldn't fall off.  Views were absolutely gorgeous, but they don't allow you to bring anything with you in case it should fall on the highway below so I was stuck with the company's photo monopoly.  Hung around Bondi Beach in the afternoon but I couldn't go in the water because I was still wearing my hiking boots from the bridge climb.  Then I hung around the harbour again at night.  Sydney is definitely picturesque.  Sad to leave Sydney but it's time to move on to another place.

P.S. Everyone drives a subcompact!  I'd love to drive my MINI around here... on the wrong side of the road.  =)

Comments

1

deng diana, it looks like you're having a blast! i'm not jealous.. not jealous at all..

  rosemary May 14, 2009 3:54 AM

2

i heard you threw the support phone off the top of that bridge when you got to the top :)

  Michael May 14, 2009 9:14 AM

3

Subcompacts!? Those are my people! Tell me, have you seen many Yaris' there? You can recognize them as the undersized golf cart things being passed on the street by old ladies with walkers.

  Bradley May 14, 2009 11:15 PM

4

look how happy you are!!!

  brent May 16, 2009 6:21 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.